Cars under 1000 dollars
A list of cars under 1000 dollars that are reliable to use, low maintenance, worth buy, with higher second hand value, and with high clunker rebate are listed here. When economy crisis hit the world, there were even cheaper cars available like cars under 500 dollars. One man’s bargain is another man’s extravagance, go for a good bargain car, but do not forget about the car problems and the maintenance cost you will need to pay. Let’s go through the list and check out with the dealer around your area, calculate your own financial, check out the future maintenance fee, check out all new and used cars under 1000, and choose the most right car for yourself. Anyway, you can always customize your own car after get the car and make it a cool ride.
So, where to find it?
- Second hand car or used car dealer. Travel around the area you stay and find it!
- Best place to bargain is government auto auctions. When economy is bad, a lot of car owners are not able to pay for their car loan and government have to send these cars go for auto auctions, where the good buy begin. Cheap cars are not a dime a dozen, but there is a lot of chances to get one or two during each auction. There is lot of people under estimate the value in car auctions, sometimes there are tons of worth buy impounded cars for sale.
- Online auction. eBay motors always have a good buy. You can anytime see cars under 1000 dollars for sale, some cars available are just start from 100 dollars. There is also some other online car stores except eBay that consists lots of project cars for sale.
- Drive to junk yard. Remember the famous movie “Herbie” in 2005? Maggie Peyton gets her Volkswagen bug for few hundred dollars from a junk yard and it turn to become a NASCAR competitor. In the famous movie “Transformer”, Sam Witwicky gets his 1974 Camaro for 500 dollars, it then turn to become a Bumblebee. Well, this doesn’t means car you get at junk yard can become super stars, it shows cheap and good cars can be found at any junk yard, it is a good place to hunt for some worth buy sweet cars.
All these cheap cars might with a little bit more age than most standard street cars but it is able to bring you to where you want to go without having to take cab or taxi and spend a bigger cost. Some of these cars are in cool shape and some people are purposely looking for cool muscle cars for sale.
Financial point of view for cars under 1000 dollars
There are pro and cons to buy cheap cars, this have to judge according to your personal financial, here is the list of pro and cons to consider when you are buying a cheap cars.
- Cheap to buy
- Low repair labour/cost. Usually these cars are using simple mechanism, it does not have any new technology such as ECU and it can be repaired without requiring expensive computer to diagnose the car problem, therefore the labour to repair these cars are cheaper.
- Low low low depreciation. How much that you expect to lost for depreciation for a car that cost a grand or $1000?
- Possible antic value. If you choose a right car that has a classic value, rebuild it and keep it well. The car value will goes up after several years. Have you read the news about Papa John’s boss spent $250,000 to buy back his 1971 Chevrolet Camaro Z28?
- Parts are hardly found. This is pretty much depends on the area you stay and the brand of the car you choose. If you choose a cheap car but the spare parts are very hard to be found, that will not be a smart decision. In Asia, Japanese car parts for big brand like Toyota, Honda, and Nissan can be found easily in junk yard with cheap price. In Europe, cheap car accessories for Audi, BMW, Ferrari, Peugeot, Mercedes-Benz, MINI, and Jaguar are easy to get. In US, spare parts for Chevrolet, Ford and other GM’s brands are easy to get in hands.
- Hard to pickup hot girls. Well, this world is materialistic and cruel. You do not even think of sending the car to hot car wash girls to wash it.
- Higher fuel consumption. Earlier automobile technology for some cars having a higher fuel consumption. See also the gasoline price history.
List of cars under 1000 dollars
- 2002 Saturn S-Series (Bidding price could be under 1000 dollars)
- 1999 Ford Escort SE 7
- 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee
- 1995 Ford Windstar
- 1995 Ford Taurus GL/SE
- 1994 Chevrolet Caprice
- 1990′s Toyota Previa LE
- 1990′s Toyota Avalon
- 1990′s Mitshubishi Montero 4 x 4
- 1990′s Mercedes-Benz 190-Series
- 1990 Saab
- 1990 Geo Prism
- 1990 Ford Mustang GT (see also muscle car wallpaper)
- 1989 Nissan Maxima SE 4 door
- 1987 Volvo 740
- 1987 BMW 3-Series 325
- 1984 Chevrolet Chevy Celebrity 4 door
- 1984 Cadillac DeVille Elegante (see Cadillac quality issues in the 1980s)
- 1980 Dodge Aspen/Power Wagon
- 1974 Ford Crew F-Series
- 1973 Chevrolet Chevelle
- 1971 Chevrolet Chevelle 350
- 1970′s Volkswagen Beetle
- 1970′s Dodge Caravan (7 passengers)
- 1970′s Chevrolet Camaro (The car in transformer)
- 1970 Ford Maverick
- 1969 Volvo 144
- 1969 Ford Fairlane
- 1968 Pontiac Le Mas
- 1966 Ford Galaxie 2 door
- 1965 Chevrolet Corvair
- 1957 Buick Roadmaster
- 1950′s 60′s 70′s 80′s 90′s Classic Mini Cooper (The car in the 60′s movie “The Italian Job”)
- 1946 Chevrolet Ratrod
If you notice, there is a lot of car dealers attend to government or bank auto auctions. This is because great deal can be found there and a good profit for car dealer. What car dealers do is they replace whatever parts is needed, and paint the car with new color to make it look nice as long as the car body is well maintain. In the market, there is a lot of $1000 dollar cars for sale.
More reviews for cars under $1000
Cars under $1000 usually overlook by people who look for used car. This is because most of the people may think these cars need a lot of money for repair or it has a high fuel consumption or not reliable to use. Erase all these thought and learn how to buy cars under $1000 dollars now! The advantages are lot more than you can imagine.
Cars for $1000 dollars are almost available everywhere if you know how to find it and where to look for it. Every month there are several dealers offer cheap cars for sale to help people who wanted to buy car with low budget. This information usually can be obtained at used car dealers’ website easily. It usually during end of month!
During the sales, there are also cheap used trucks, SUVs, vans, minivans, and pickup trucks under 1000 dollars other than normal cars. Whether it is Acura, Chevrolet, Dodge, Ford, Nissan, Toyota, or Volkswagen, you definitely can get one for less than $1000.
Top 20 cars under 1000 dollars om 2012
The list here will be updated from time to time. If the car has been sold, you can use the make, model, and model year as a guide line and the price is approximately around $1000 dollars.
- 1979 Pontiac Trans
- 1980 Ford Falcon
- 1985 Cadillac Seville
- 1992 Chevrolet Blazer
- 1993 Cadillac Deville
- 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Ford F-150 up to 1999
- 1996 BMW 3-Series
- 1997 Dodge Ram
- 1998 Saturn SL Sedan
- 1999 Ford Windstar
- 2000 Honda Civic
- 1990 to 2002 Toyota Corolla
- Ford Taurus up to year 2003
- Ford Ranger up to 2000
- Chevrolet Lumina up to 1996
- Saab 900 hardtop or convertible up to 2000. It is getting cheaper now as the brand just declared bankruptcy.
- Infiniti i30 up to 1999
- Mercury Sable up to 1997
- Acura Integra up to 1995
These are just some of the cars for sale under 1000. There is thousands of it available from LA to Ohio, to California. eBay is a good place to look for cheap cars but at most of the time, the list of cars under 1000 is the beginning bid and the reserve is usually more than 1000 dollars. Therefore, look carefully before you bid or buy the car.
The advantages of buying cheap cars are too much to be listed. Cheap is one main reasons. Besides, car insurance for cheap cars will definitely cheap. If you apply one-year car loan for a $1000 dollars car, you pay less than $100 dollars every month. Other than that, the biggest happiness of buy a 1000 dollars car is the depreciation. The maximum amount of money you will lose when you want to sell it is only $1000, nothing more than $1000. Sometimes, you may still sell it for the same price you purchase if you maintain the car in condition. That is also the reason why many people love to look for cars under 1000 dollars for sale.
You may also like this:
If you love this article, please PLUS it!