Locked keys in car
Top 5 easiest ways to retrieve keys locked inside a car is shared here. Having locked keys in car is something make you frustrated, panic, and nervousness especially when you are about to rush for work or meeting in the morning. Car problems always happen in our life, but with the advance technology nowadays, we can easily diagnose a car problem online and small satisfaction can be feeling when you solve it by yourself.
Top 5 solutions for locked keys in car
1. Wire hanger. If your car is a classic car or old cars like cars under 500 dollars, things are very easy to solve. What you need is a wire hanger. This is the most common way to retrieve your key out from the car. Straighten the wire hanger to form a hook as shown in picture below, slip it in between the window and the door all the way down until you feel the lock. Pull up the door lock when you feel it and the door will unlock. Take note that some cars lock are different that require you to push down instead of pull up.
2. Putty Knife. If the window did not fully closed, this is the best way to open the window and get the key out of the car. Slip a putty knife in from the rubber between the window and the door. Try to pull down the window. It is easier than Learning to drive a car.
3. Pressure cuff. Instead of the expected slim-jim, use a blood pressure cuff. Make sure it was perfectly flat then slide it into the door seal and pumped it up. Next use a thin rod to pop the door lock. Isn’t this is a weird solution? Yes but it works! There are a lot of weird tips about car problems just like using a bobby pin to solve Car CD player eject problems.
4. Locksmith.Calling a locksmith is always a choice for those who know nothing at all about cars. An experience locksmith can definitely help you to solve your problem, they could even customize a car lock for you.
5. Call the car dealer. If your are driving a Ferrari 360 Spider, Transporter 2 Lamborghini, Lamborghini Countach, Lamborghini Limo…etc all these Super Exotic Sports Cars, call the dealer and inform them you need a new key made, provide your vin number as well, do not risk to try the tips and possible to damage your car.
List of cars that possible to retrieve car key with tips above.
- 1959-1980 Classic Mini Cooper
- 1990 Lexus ES 250
- 1980 Nissan Datsun 120Y
- 1990 Nissan Sunny 1.3 little engine
- 1980’s Nissan 240sx
- 1980 – 1990 Honda Civic
- 1980 – 1990 Toyota Corolla
- 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS
- 1980 – 1998 Toyota Corrolla KE/LE series
- Ford Fairlane 2 Doors
- 1961 Ford Galaxie
- 1970 Buick Skylark GS 455
- 1972 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale
- 1994 Nissan Altima
- 1980’s Subaru Legacy
- 1978 Plymouth Fury Salon
- 1994 Chevrolet Corsica 4 doors
- 1980 – 1990+ Volvo 244 model
- 1980 – 1990’s Proton
- Classic Volkswagen/Beetle
The list of cars here is mostly old cars and possible to retrieve your key out from the car. Problems always happen in our life, but with a little learning, life can be meaningful regardless of Car engine won’t start or Locked keys in car.
You may also like this:
If you love this article, please PLUS it!