Back To The Future Car
Back to The Future car is a sports car known as DeLorean DMC-12. The car in Back to The Future film was originally manufactured in Northern Ireland by the DeLorean Motor Company. It is also the one and only model ever produced by the company from 1981 to 1982. That’s what makes the car precious and valuable.
There are five reasons why the DeLorean DMC-12 was chosen to be the time machine.
- DeLorean DMC-12 featured a pair of gull-wing doors with a fiberglass underbody and cutting edge 80s design, which makes the car look futuristic and to be the chosen one.
- The production of the car is very limited, approximately only 9,000 DeLorean DMC-12 were ever build and around 6,000 still exist today. If Robert Zemeckis choose a Ferrari as time machine the effect may not be so good, because we don’t see time machine on the road often right?
- A factory-tuned DeLorean DMC-12 produces around 200 bhp and achieves 0-60 mph in 8.8s, pretty impressive in early 1980s even for today. Nobody wants to see a time machine with very slow pickup.
- What else to say? It looks cool. Doc Brown transformed it to Time machine with a fruit juice blender at the back. It functions as a converter to convert rubbish like banana skin into power. 100% eco-friendly.
- “The way I see it, if you’re gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?” – Dr. Emmett Brown.
The car featured a device call “flux capacitor”, powered by plutonium that able to generate 1.21 gigawatts of power. To travel through time, the car need to achieve the speed of 88 miles per hour and will be transported to the date set in the car.
Today, world’s fastest car Bugatti Veyron can reach top speed of 268 mph, but yet it can’t travel through time because it doesn’t have the flux capacitor. 88 miles per hour makes nothing to us today but it is a big challenge in 1885. That is the reason why Doc needs to burn off a train to reach that speed in Back to The Future Part 3.
The time machine taking off easily when the power is fully loaded. The car able to take off and leave the ground when it reaches 88 mph. In Back to The Future last part, a DeLorean was crashed by a train into many pieces, which made one of the DeLorean declared dead from the world.
Back to the future car photos
Back to the future car photos. In the movie, it was transformed to Time Machine by Dr. Emmett Brown (played by Christopher Lloyd) and driven by Marty McFly (Michael J. Fox).
Back to the future toy car
Although there are approximately 6,000 DeLorean DMC-12 left in this world, do not depress, you still stand a chance to own it. Toys “R” Us is selling Back to the Future toy car for less than $100 dollars. This car can’t go up to 88 miles per hour but it comes with working lights, opening doors, and sounds with recreation measures 14” long. It’s good for Back to the future car lovers and fans of the movie.
You may also like this:
If you love this article, please PLUS it!