World fastest car
World fastest car or most expensive car in the world is what car lover dreaming to own one or to drive one in a life time. How fast a fastest car can go in the automobile world today as of year 2009 while entering 2010? The record has made 253+ mph (miles per hour) or 407+ kmh (kilometers per hour) by the famous SSC Ultimate Aero in March 2007 by Guinness world records. Fast cars are just like a dream for everyone, let’s check out the top 10 fastest car in the world list compile by MalaysiaMiniLover.
1. SSC Ultimate Aero: 257 mph, 0-60 in 2.7 seconds
The fastest car in to world goes to the SSC Ultimate Aero. The car made a record of 257 mph with twin-turbo V8 Engine that produce 1183 hp. The base price for this car selling at US$654,400 and the record was made in March 2007. This has made the car overtook the Bugatti Veyron and become the fastest car.
2. Bugatti Veyron: 253 mph, 0-60 in 2.5 seconds
The Bugatti Veyron used to be the fastest car in the world for quite some time until March 2007. However, it stills the record breaker for fastest car from 0-60 mph in just 2.5 seconds. The car also known as the most expensive car at the base price US$1,550,000. Check out also a rare Bugatti Veyron car accident which happens in Texas lately.
3. Saleen S7 Twin-Turbo: 248 mph, 0-60 in 3.2 seconds
750 hp V8 twin turbo engine made from Aluminum lead this car to take the third place. Full aluminum engine has given the car lighter weight. With the base price at US$555,000, the car overall give a very smooth and “flying” feeling to the driver.
4. Koenigsegg CCX: 245 mph, 0-60 in 3.2 seconds
One of the fastest Sweden made sports cars. It just lack of 3 mph to compete with Saleen S7 for the third place. With 90 degree V8 engine produces 806 hp, the Koenigsegg aim to be the fastest car in the world but at least it still need to add another 12 mph to compete with SSC Ultimate Aero. The base price of this car is at US$545,568.
5. McLaren F1: 240 mph, 0-60 in 3.2 seconds
The McLaren made of BMW S70/2 60 Degree V12 engine produces 627 hp that hit the same time with Saleen S7 for 0-60 miles which is just 3.2 seconds, but it has quite some differences for the top speed which it access 240 mph, this has make the McLaren F1 stand at no 5 in the World fastest car list. The base price of this car is at US$970,000.
6. Ferrari Enzo: 217 mph, 0-60 in 3.4 seconds
Here comes one of the most famous sports cars in the world, the Ferrari Enzo. This car also known as Enzo Ferrari. The Enzo was built in year 2002 using F1 technology such as carbon-fibre body, F1-style electrohydraulic shift transmission, and carbon fibre-reinforced Silicon Carbide as well as ceramic composite disc brake…etc The car produces 660 hp from a F140 Aluminum V12 Engine. What makes this car more special is the rear wing is actuated by computer to maintain the downforce when the car reached 217 mph, and only 399 ever produced. The base price of this car is at US$670,000. (see also Ferrari 360 spider)
7. Jaguar XJ220: 217 mph, 0-60 in 3.8 seconds
This fastest Jaguar give a record at 217 mph which same with Ferrari Enzo, but the time to reach 60 miles from 0 is 3.8 seconds which make its place at no 7. The XJ220 made in 1992 with Twin Turbo V6 Engine produces 542 hp. The base price of this car was US$670,000 but it still stand in the top 10 fastest car list.
8. Pagani Zonda F: 215 mph, 0-60 in 3.5 seconds
The Italian made car that debuted in 2005 at Geneva Motor Show. The car running on a 7.3 Liter V12 Mercedes-Benz engine and produces 640 hp. The base price of this car is US$667,321.
9. Lamborghini Murcielago LP640: 211 mph, 0-60 in 3.3 seconds
The name Murciélago means “bat” in Spanish, colloquially known as “Transporter 2 Lamborghini” as it been used in the movie Transporter 2. This Lamborghini own a futuristic design fitted with V12 engine that gives the driver a 640 hp feeling, kinda cool, cool, and cool!
10. Porsche Carrera GT: 205 mph, 0-60 in 3.9 seconds
5.7 litre DOHC V10 engine makes this car go in top 10 fastest car list. Consider as one of the German made super exotic sports cars that has a base price at US$440,000.
- World fastest car– rank from the fastest top speed the car can go
- Fastest street legal car– rank from the fastest acceleration from 0 to 60 mph
- Fastest Car in the World– Updated fastest car in Guinness World Record holder
- Top 10 fastest cars– A list of top 10 fastest cars
- World fastest production car– Fastest production car list since the first car invented
- Fastest car– Nothing but the fastest car in the world
- Fastest production car– Fastest production car ever
- Worlds top ten fastest cars– Yes it is always top ten!
Isn’t it is fun that every cars in the list are just few second different? Now you know how important a second is to become the world fastest car.
You may also like this:
If you love this article, please PLUS it!