Porsche (Porsche Automobil Holding SE) is one of the most well-known luxury German carmaker. The Company was founded in 1931 by Ferdinand Porsche who designed the first Volkswagen car. The Company also holds majority shares of Volkswagen AG, which is the top selling car brand in Europe countries. See also VW Porsche merger.
Professor Ferdinand Porsche initially did not build any cars under “Porsche” name. One of the first few responsible the company took was to design the people’s car, the Volkswagen Beetle which is one of the most successful car designs of all time. Until 1939, the company built the first Porsche car, the Porsche 64.
During World War II, Porsche manufactured few tanks for the war. Is the performance we found in Porsche cars today derived from the efforts to build heavy tanks in the past? After World War II end, Porsche introduced another famous car, the Porsche 356. The 356 often refer to as Porsche first car because it was the first model sold by the fledgling company.
Lavishness, opulence, and extravagance best describe Porsche cars. For years, Porsche continuously built cars with satirical handling and copious power. Among the most famous Porsche cars are the Porsche 911, Porsche Cayman, Porsche 993, Porsche 968, and among others.
Porsche Significant Models
- Porsche 356 (1948 – 1956) – Available in hardtop and convertible. Many Porsche 356 convertible replicas available for sale in the market today due to there are still a lot of demand for this car but the production is ceased.
- Porsche Speedster – The Porsche 356 Speedster is one of the most desirable collector models.
- Porsche 911 (1963 – present) – One of the most significant Porsche cars.
- Porsche Boxster & Porsche Boxster Spyder (1996 – present) – First generation is Porsche 986 then Porsche 987 as second generation. Boxster S featured with 3.2 litre engine while an ordinary Boxster featured with 2.7 litre engine.
- Porsche Carrera – Porsche 356, 904, 911 (964, 993, 996, 997), 924, and Porsche Carrera GT are known as “Carrera”.
- Porsche Cayenne (Porsche 957) – Production from 2002 until present. The Cayenne is a five seat mid-size luxury cars.
- Porsche Cayman & Porsche Cayman S (2005 – present) – One of the most successful sports car with 7-speed PDK dual clutch transmission as optional.
Porsche logo is a shield shape with a prancing horse in the middle and the letters “STUTTGART” on top of the horse and the company name at the top. It was based on the coat of arms of Free People’s State of Württemberg of former Weimar Germany, where Stuttgart is its capital.
Porsche Cars Review
Other than the significant models listed above, there are also some other products that make this brand famous throughout the decades like the Porsche 914, Porsche 924, Porsche 928, Porsche 356, Porsche 912, Porsche 914, Porsche 917, and many more to be listed here.
Porsche competitors include Lamborghini Cars, Bugatti Cars, Ferrari Cars, and Aston Martin Cars.
Porsche’s hybrid cars include the 2012 Porsche Panamera Hybrid.
Throughout the decades, Porsche had brought the best cars to automobile industry weathering the changes in economy. We believe there will be more luxury high performance Porsche cars in the future. Porsche, There is No Substitute!
You may also like this:
If you love this article, please PLUS it!