Jump-N-Carry JNC660 1700 Peak Amp 12-Volt Jump Starter Review
Jump-N-Carry or simply known as JNC is one of the top brands in the United States that has famed itself with an affordable yet reliable car jump starter. Among all available jump starters, the Jump-N-Carry JNC660 1700 Peak Amp 12-Volt jump starter (also known as Clore AutomotiveJNC660 jump starter) is one of the most popular to be mentioned. It has been one of the best selling car jump starter not just in the US but also outside of US such as UK, Australia, Singapore and others.
Without doubt, with 1700 Peak amps and 425 cranking amps, the Jump-N-Carry JNC660 jump starter is built with professional quality. The question is, do you really need such a high power jump starter for personal use? The answer will be yes at most time. Try to think, have you ever break down because of your car battery failure? Have you ever tried to jump start a car but still fail to start it due to bad jumper cables? Is there someone try to help you to jump start your car (see how to jump start a car) but there is no jumper cables? If you do, read the Jump-N-Carry JNC660 jump starter review here and you will know you definitely need it.
PROS of JNC660 Jump Starter
Speaking about the pros of JNC660 jump starter, the 1700 peak amps is one to be mentioned. For those who are buying a jump starter for the first time, it is a must to know that 1700 amps is powerful enough to boost most vehicles such as 4WD, Pick-ups, Wagons and others.
1. 425 Cold Cranking Amps of Power. This power rating is usually more than enough to spin the starter of all kinds of cars except those equipped with 8-cylinder diesel engine.
2. 12-volt Power Plug. Just like the one you have in your car, the JNC660 Jump Starter come with a DC 12V power plug. You may use it to charge your phone in case of emergencies.
3. Battery Status Gauge. It is useless if you have an extra car battery but it has no power when you need it. The Jump-N-Carry JNC660 jump starter features a battery status gauge so that you know when you need to re-charge it. There is also a green light sits beside the gauge to indicate if the charging is completed. Instead of reading the battery power, the battery gauge also can be used to check if your vehicle’s alternator is doing well. The reading should be in between 13.8 and 14.4V while hooked up to your car battery.
4. Auto Shut-off Safety Feature. The JNC660 features a built-in auto shut-off system so that you can recharge it without the worry of overcharging.
5. 46-inch Jumper Cable Lead. JNC660 comes with 2 cable-storage units. The cable is 46” long which is long enough to reach from the floor to the car battery. Besides, the cable is heavy duty and powerful enough to transfer electrical energy. They always stay flexible in cold or hot temperatures.
6. High Quality Industrial Grade Clamps. Both the positive and negative clamps are built with high quality material and they are able to transfer electric through any corrosion.
7. Reasonable Weight with Built-in Handle. Weight at only 18 pounds, the jump starter has a built-in handle which is easy to carry from/to any places.
CONS of JNC660 Jump Starter
1. Speaking about the cons of JNC6600, power switch is the first thing to be pointed out. User has to keep both the jumper cable lead separated all the time so that they don’t spark. It requires extra care to store them correctly.
2. Lack of Reverse Polarity Detection. Safety feature is one major consideration of the JNC6600. This car jump starter will not detect reverse polarity of jump cables to a dead battery’s terminals. Therefore, things have to be checked manually before connecting both positive and negative terminals to avoid bad things happen.
Read more than 1,000+ customer reviews to know more about the JNC660.
How to Use Jump-N-Carry JNC660 Jump Starter
- Clean the battery connectors if it is dirty.
- Connect the positive (+) clamp to the battery’s positive end. Twist the clamps back and forth to allow a better grip.
- Connect the negative (-) clamp to the battery’s negative end.
- Start the car and monitor the battery gauge in the Jump-N-Carry JNC6600 jump starter. See the video of how to use the jump starter in a correct way.
In case of emergencies, you can use a special technique – see how to jump start a car without jumper cables.
The manufacturer provides one year limited warranty for Jump-N-Carry JNC6600 1700 Peak Amp 12-Volt Jump Starter.
Other Jump-N-Carry Car Jump Starter
Other than JNC660, Jump-N-Carry do offers other jump starter such as JNC300XL, JNC4000, JNCAIR, JNC950, JNC1224, JNCXF, JNCXFE, JNC300XLC and JNC660C. The Jump-N-Carry JNC660C works like the JNC660 but it is energy compliant. It is your choice if you are living in California or Oregon. For those who want a jump starter with more than 425 cranking amps power, you may try the Clore Automotive Jump-N-Carry JNC950.
Alternative to Jump-N-Carry JNC660 Jump Starter: Stanley J5C09 1000 Peak Amp Jump Starter with Built-in Compressor, Schumacher XP2260, Duracell 600 Watt Powerpack Pro, Wagan 900 Amp Battery Jumper, and Schumacher PSJ-2212 DSR ProSeries.
Conclusion : 4.85/5
The Jump-N-Carry JNC660 jump starter is rated at 4.85 out of 5 due to its durability and reliability. Other than that, the price is also very reasonable and you can buy it with discount from Amazon because it has the cheapest price tag with up to 60% discount. Check out the sale price now by clicking the button here.
Last but not least, if you find the Jump-N-Carry JNC660 jump starter review here is useful, share your experience of using it here.
You may also like this:
If you love this article, please PLUS it!