Is the Kia Spectra a good car?
Is the Kia Spectra a good car? Here is your delicious A-list of good and bad points about Kia Spectra if you are planning to buy this car. The Spectra has fall into a small car group which you can’t compare this car with some other car with bigger capacity. Here we will compare the Spectra with some other cars that fall into same group with the Spectra in terms of price, performance, as well as size.
The Kia Spectra is a low-priced subcompact car that was first introduced in 2000 in the United States. It was manufactured by KIA and the Spectra are Kia’s best selling model. The main reason why is the car price is starting from only US$13,550. It has become a good first car for a teenager who just gets his license.
Here we will share the advantages and disadvantages of the Kia Spectra. You will have to judge yourself whether it is a good car to for you or not base on your own needs and your budget.
What is good about Kia Spectra
- It is cheap to buy.
- Good cabin quality and the interior is practically spacious that able to fit five adults.
- The Spectra comes for one of the lowest MSRPs and it has the longest warranties of any cars which cover the first 10 years or 100,000 miles.
- A small car with expressive styling that is suitable for daily drive.
- The car has a good exterior design that is described as a good sporty-looking car.
- The interior quality is considered good in the economy segment and some give the review “Lots of features for the money”.
What is bad for Kia Spectra
Here is some of the bad review for the Spectra to answer the question.
- Some said the front seats are not as comfortable as expected for a subcompact.
- Unimpressive fuel consumption if compared to some other cars in same range. The Spectra gives 24 mpg for city drive and 32 mpg for highway.
- The Spectra produces 138 hp but the car is under power while driving on highway with five adults.
- Poor result in the IIHS car-crash test especially for 2008 model year. ABS is not standard.
Kia Spectra Review
There are many ways to rate a car. MalaysiaMiniLover believes that we should rate a car base on the performance, quality, as well as “what you pay for the quality”. Do not expect very high quality cars with low price.
The first model of Spectra was in 2000, then the Spectra was continue in 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, and a Spectra5 hatchback was available in 2005. From there onwards, the Spectra continue in 2006, 2007, and 2008. In 2009, the Kia Spectra was replaced by Kia Forte. Other cars that in similar range with Kia Spectra are Honda Fit, Volkswagen Rabbit, or Ford Taurus.
In conclusion, if a car disappointed you when you drive, it is obviously a bad car for you. On the other hand if the car satisfies you on the road, it is a good car. You can’t expect much for a low-price car while you will have to judge base on what you have paid as well as your needs.
You may also like this:
If you love this article, please PLUS it!