How much are my hot wheel cars worth?
How much a hot wheel cars worth is depends on many factors. It mainly depends on the condition whether it is in mint condition or bad condition. The year that the hot wheels was made play an important role in determining the car price too. Generally any hot wheels that made before 80s have higher price than the present hot wheels.
The year when the hot wheel cars are made is one of the main facts to know how much they worth. The first hot wheel car was released in 1968 and it is known as Redline Era. It was the first Era therefore any hot wheel cars that come from late 60s and early 70s has highest value.
For any hot wheel cars made late 70s to early 80s are mostly played with shape. One of the famous model that collector would love to get it is the Real Riders that had Rubber Tires. Do not dream about how much the hot wheel worth if you have just bought one few years back from any stores. It probably worth nothing but only a dollar to two.
Here are some hot wheel cars that successfully sold in high value:
1. The Beatnik Bandit. In 2008, a mint in box condition hot pink Bandit sold on eBay for $15,250. This car has high value because it was one of the original Sweet 16 cars produced by Mattel in 1968 based on the 1963 show car. The other 16 Sweet cars are Custom Barracuda, Custom Camaro, Custom Corvette, Custom Cougar, Custom Eldorado, Custom Firebird, Custom Fleetside, Custom Mustang, Custom T-Bird, Custom Volkswagen, Deora, Ford J-Car, Hot Heap, Python, and Silhouette.
2. 1969 VW Beach Bomb. In 1999, a big-time toy car collector Bruce Pascal bought a pink Beach Bomb for $72,000 and lending it to an automobile museum for the world to see.
3. 40th Anniversary Hot Wheels Car. It was the one and only Hot Wheels cars model ever produced. The car was cast in 18-carat white gold and then covered in 1,388 blue diamonds, 988 black diamonds, 319 white diamonds, and 8 rubies, for a total of nearly 23 carats of precious gems worth $140,000 which is almost same price with 2010 Maserati GranTurismo. It probably the most expensive Hot Wheels ever made in the history. However, the car was sold at only $60,000.
How much are Matchbox cars worth?
Other than Hot wheels, Matchbox is another brand of die cast toy car brand that has high value if it was made before the 80s. Some Matchbox die cast cars that has been sold for high value over the years are:
1. 1961 Magirus Deutz Crane also known as Matchbox No. 30
2. The Matchbox Quarry Truck. Sold at $15,000 in March 2010 by Takuo Yoshise.
In conclusion, you can check out some online auction side such as Amazon or eBay. Try to spend a little effort to place your car for auction if you would like to find out the market price for your Hot Wheel cars or Matchbox cars worth.
You may also like this:
If you love this article, please PLUS it!