Fun car facts
Here are the top 10 interesting and fun car facts that you will laugh until your liver come out from the stomach. These car facts are fun and has nothing related to the sober side of automobile industry. The top 10 fun facts listed here is fun and yet to cheer you up especially when you are boring with what are you doing.
Some said Leonardo da Vinci designed the first car. The first person who invented the car is Karl Benz, who is recognized as the first person who invented the first gasoline car in 1886. However, automobile are not famous before 1800s and some people said Leonardo da Vincci has actually sketched a self-propelled vehicle which look like a car in 1478. Here are some other funny facts.
- In 1898, the NYPD used bicycles and tricycle to chase motorists.
- Fast forward to 101 years later in 1999, the average 1999 model year cars cost US$5,600 a year to own. See How much per mile does it cost to drive a car.
- In 1916, it is said that Ford Model T took over 50% of the automobile market in the world although not much of cars were produced during 1910s to 1920s.
- One of the very fun car facts, the first car radio or car audio was invented in 1929, but it has no record said in what kind of cars.
- Did u know the first speeding ticket was issued in 1904? Harry Myers who was an American actor is the first person who received a ticket in 1904 for 12 mph.
- After 18 years in 1922, the first gas gauge was invented and fitted into some cars.
- There are definitely more fun facts that you may ever come across your mind. Have you ever thinks of in which year the first electric signals was invented? It is believe that Buick was the first automobile company who introduced it in 1938.
- One last fun fact, an average driver will probably spend over 300 hours at traffic stop lights in his or her lifetime, which is about 14 days, that is a real fun car facts.
Fun facts about car maintenance
Here are the most hilarious and fun facts about car maintenance. Sit back, relax and get a big laugh with these fun facts if you have just serviced your car according to car maintenance schedule. In most of car maintenance schedule, basic things you will see is to change engine oil, washer drain, oil filter, air filter, spark plug, strainer fuel, brake fluid, transmission fluid and among others, but some of these you may never see before.
Here are the top 5 fun car facts about car maintenance.
Women invented car wipers
Mary Anderson (1866-1953), an American who was a real estate developer, rancher, viticulturist and also the inventor of the windshield wiper blade. She patented an automatic windshield wiper in 1903. 17 years after Karl Benz invented first gasoline-powered car. Amazing?
Previous cars were using bicycle tires
A century ago, most of the cars are using bicycle tires before the first gasoline-powered car invented by Karl Benz in 1885. Car owners have to replace the car tires more frequent because the tires are easy to worn out. Today, the technology use to produce tires from rubber are more advance and any kind of car tires brand like Michelin or Bridgestone will give at least 60,000km from brand new. It has longer lifespan compared to what we had in the past.
Car repair shops mechanic don’t like owners manual
Many mechanic or auto repair shops people don’t like to refer to owners manual. If you bring your car along with the owner’s manual and tell them what to do, they might not want to take your business.
Maintain the tire pressure and save 30% petrol
Some rumors said maintain the tire pressure at correct pressure will save up to 50% fuel costs which is funny. The actual statistic show it could save up to 12% in fuel if the tire pressure are keep at manufacturer’s recommended pressure.
In conclusion, if you would like to enjoy a long lasting relationship with your car, you will have to take good car of it according to the right things stated in car maintenance schedule and not these fun facts.
More interesting car facts
Here are the top 10 interesting car facts and fun car facts that will make you feel interesting and laugh crazily. Over the years many cars were built since 1800s and in between the serious automobile industry there are a lot of interesting yet funny car facts appeared. You must take a look at the top 10 interesting facts about automobile if you are automobile enthusiasts.
Let’s check out the most interesting top 10 car facts that will give you a five-minute relax.
- The first car was built in China. It was built by Ferdinand Verbiest and powered by steam in 1672 but it has got inadequate proof.
- The longest traffic jam in the world hold-up 110 miles long between Paris and Lyon on the French Autoroute in 1980.
- On 21 November 1985, a team uses 42 seconds to remove and reinstall an engine for a Ford Escort.
- One of the funny facts said Ferrari Company actually builds 14 Ferrari cars in each day.
- The most crowded road is in Luxembourg, France. It has 570 cars out of one thousand people.
- World’s first car insurance policy is issued in 1897. It is 11 years after the first gasoline-powered car invented in 1886 by Karl Benz.
- Well, this is really one of the fun car facts. It is said the first car run on the road is a car without a steering wheels and driver steered the car with a lever.
- First car sold in America costs US$650 and only 425 units were built for that year.
- At least 6 drivers licenses were issued to people named Jesus Christ in California state itself.
- It is said that the first Japanese car that sells in America was a Honda Accord year 1982. On the serious side, the first Honda car built by Honda is Honda S600 which available as convertible and fastback coupe.
- One last funny car facts but not least, every year there is about 100,000 road accidents blamed to the mistakes from satellite navigation systems and also the faulty from GPS system.
You may also like this:
If you love this article, please PLUS it!