As one of the four core car brands owned by GM, Cadillac cars are considered as one of the most high-status domestic luxury car manufacturer. There are something special in Cadillac you find it no where else, just like the Cadillac commercial song.
Besides Buick cars, Cadillac is also one of the oldest carmaker in America and in the world. Cadillac was founded in 1902 by Henry Martyn Leland who was a machinist, inventor, engineer, and also entrepreneur. Henry M. Leland also the founder of another famous car brand, Lincoln.
The name “Cadillac” was named after a French explorer who founded Detroit in the early 1700s. In early time, the first few notable Cadillac cars are the 1903 Cadillac Model A and Cadillac Osceola. Cadillac Osceola is the first closed-body car manufactured in America at that time.
Cadillac brought a few contributions to automobile industry rather than just manufactured and sells cars. In 1912, Cadillac incorporated an electrical system to enable starting, ignition, and lighting in an automobile. In 1915, Cadillac introduced a car that able to achieve 65 mph which is pretty impressive at that time. Throughout the decades, there are many significant Cadillac models were introduced to the market.
Cadillac Cars History and Significant Models
- Cadillac CTS (2002 – present) – One of the most wanted luxury cars you can always see at any red carpet functions. Available in few body styles: Cadillac CTS Coupe, Cadillac CTS Wagon, Cadillac CTS-V, Cadillac CTS-V Coupe, and Cadillac CTS-V Wagon.
- Cadillac Escalade (1999 – present) – One of the most sought-after Cadillac SUVs. Available in few types: Cadillac Escalade ESV, Cadillac Escalade EST.
- Cadillac SRX (2004 – present) – If you are looking for luxury mid-size crossover SUV, put the Cadillac SRX as one of your choices.
- Cadillac Eldorado (1953 – 2002) – The 1950s to 1970s Cadillac Eldorado is always the most wanted muscle cars even until today.
- Cadillac DeVille (1949 – 2005) – Cadillac DeVille has been living on earth for almost six decades. A total of ten generations of deVille has been introduced to the market. There are still some car collectors looking for Cadillac for sale although the production has ceased.
- Cadillac STS (2005 – present) – Available in Cadillac STS, Cadillac STS-V.
- Cadillac XLR (2004 – 2009) – Available in Cadillac XLR, Cadillac XLR-V.
- Cadillac Allante (1987 – 1993) – The Cadillac Allante come huge in a short life. It is a ultra-luxury 2-door convertible roadster ever built by Cadillac.
- Cadillac XTS (2012 – ) – See also 2012 Cadillac DTS.
Cadillac models are too many to be listed here. Other than the few significant Cadillac models listed above, there are many other Cadillac cars that are desirable by automobile lovers such as the 1941 Cadillac Hearse, 1953 Cadillac Eldorado, Cadillac Cimarron, Cadillac Seville, 1957 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham, Cadillac Catera, and among others. Cadillac hybrid cars include the Cadillac Escalade Hybrid.
Today, Cadillac is a famous luxury vehicle marquee owned by GM. Cadillac’s lineup includes passenger cars, SUVs, trucks, as well as two-passenger convertibles. You can surf around their official website at Cadillac.com to check out latest details about Cadillac cars. Cadillac, Life. Liberty. And The Pursuit.
You may also like this:
If you love this article, please PLUS it!