Bentley cars are to lavishness and opulence what Louis Vuitton is to fashion world, high end and high price tag. Bentley is always the first few choice come in mind whenever you want a real luxury and high class car.
Bentley (Bentley Motors Limited) is a famous British luxury automaker. The company was founded in 1919 by Walter Owen Bentley. The name Bentley was derived from the founder’s name who known as W.O.Bentley or W.O.
During World War I, Bentley is well-known in building rotary aero-engine supply for aircraft. In September 1921, the first Bentley car was debuted, the Bentley 3 Litre. There are about 1622 3 Litre were produced.
Sooner later, Bentley introduced Bentley 4½ Litre and the supercharged version known as Blower Bentley. During 20s to 30s, we saw the birth of Bentley 6½ Litre, Bentley 6½ Litre Speed Six, Bentley 8 Litre, and Bentley 4 Litre. In original James Bond novels, Bentley was a popular vehicle at that time. Regardless of new or used Bentley cars, it will never be a mistake if you think to buy a Bentley car.
Bentley Cars History and Significant Models
- Bentley Azure (1995 – 2003, 2006 – present) – Bentley Azure is a luxury 2-door convertible car manufactured by Bentley. It is fitted with a turbocharged 6.75L Rolls-Royce V8 engine which achieves 0-60 mph in just 6.1 seconds.
- Bentley Azure T – The Azure T is nice to drive, good to enjoy but the fuel consumption is considered high.
- Bentley Brooklands (1992 – 1998, 2008 – present) – The replacement for Bentley Mulsanne and Bentley Eight.
- Bentley Continental – The Bentley Continental is one of the most famous Bentley cars throughout the decades. Before 90s, it has Bentley R Continental, Bentley S1 Continental, Bentley S2 Continental, and Bentley S3 Continental. After 90s, it has Bentley Continental R, Bentley Continental S, Bentley Continental T, Bentley Continental Flying Spur, Bentley Continental GTC, Bentley Continental Supersports.
- Bentley Continental GT (2003 – present) – Fitted with 6.0 litre twin-turbocharged W12 engine which achieves 0 – 62 mph in 4.8 seconds. With what you enjoy, you will have to prepare a deep pocket for this car.
- Bentley Mulsanne (1980 – 1992, 2010 -) – The old version is a piece of history, the 2010 models will also be a piece of history few decades later.
Although Bentley models are not much in the market, there are still some other luxury Bentley cars you can find in the market such as Bentley Eight (1984 – 1992) and Bentley Turbo R (1985 – 1997).
Since 1998, Volkswagen Group owned Bentley. With Dr. Franz-Josef Paefgen sailing the boat towards future, we will definitely be able to see more luxury Bentley cars in the future. Bentley,
You may also like this:
If you love this article, please PLUS it!