Subaru (スバル in Japanese, pronounce as Soo-Ba-Roo) is a recognized Japanese carmaker. The Company was founded in 1953 by Kenji Kita. Subaru means Peiades star cluster in Japanese, which it inspired the Subaru logo. Subaru logo is a big star with another five smaller stars which represents the five companies merged to create FHI.
Subaru was a manufacturer of aircraft for Japan during World War II. After the war end, the company moved on to manufacture cars. The first Subaru car was the Subaru 1500 (a.k.a Subaru P-1) that debuted in 1954. However, the sales were suspended and only 21 Subaru P-1 were built.
Sooner later, the company resolved its difficulties by rolling out the Subaru 360 in 1958, Subaru Sambar in 1961, Subaru 1000 1965, Subaru R-2 in 1969, Subary Rex and Subaru Leone in 1971, Subaru BRAT in 1978, Subaru Alcyone in 1985, and Subaru Legacy in 1989.
From 1950s until today, Subaru cars have been recognized as one of the best car to own and to maintain. This is because Subaru parts and Subaru accessories are available to access easily through Subaru dealers worldwide.
Subaru Cars – Significant Models
- Subaru Impreza (1992 – present) – The Impreza is one of the most famous Subaru cars. Subaru Impreza WRX (turbocharged version), Subaru Impreza WRX STi (high-performance version as Subaru WRX STi)
- Subaru Forester (1997 – present) – A reliable four-door all-wheel drive SUV from Subaru.
- Subaru Outback (1995 – present) – See also Subaru Outback review.
- Subaru Legacy (1989 – present)
- Subaru Loyale (1971 – 1994) – Also known as Subaru Leone.
- Subaru Baja (2003 – 2006) – All-wheel-drive pickup truck from Subaru.
- Subaru BRAT (1978 – 1993) – Bi-drive Recreational All-terrain Transporter – BRAT.
- Subaru Tribeca (2005 – present)
- Subaru SVX (1991 – 1996) – It is the Subaru Alcyone SVX in Japan. It is a mid-sized GT coupe that has a very sporty look.
- Subaru Justy (1987 – present) – Nice, cute, and easy to use.
Other than the top 10 significant Subaru models listed above, there are also some other cars that make Subaru famous throughout the decades like the Subaru G (a.k.a. Subaru 1100/Subaru 1300), Subaru Leone, Subaru Sumo, Subaru Traviq, Subaru Vivio, Subaru Libero, Subaru Sambar, and many more to be listed here.
Today, Subaru’s lineup from pickup truck to high-performance cars to diesel cars. The company will unquestionably build more Subaru cars in the future. “Love. It’s what makes a Subaru, a Subaru”
You may also like this:
If you love this article, please PLUS it!