Lamborghini (Automobili Lamborghini S.p.A.) is an Italian carmaker famous in making extreme-style high-performance sports cars. Amazingly, headquarter of this supercars manufacturer is located at Sant’Agata Bolognese, Italay, a small town which has around 6,585 populations.
During 1950s, Ferruccio drives the best sports cars at that time, a Ferrari. However, it has disappointed him and he wishes to build a better sport car. In 1963, Ferruccio officially founded the company and the first Lamborghini car was made, the Lamborghini 350GT. It attracted many eyes at the Turin Motor Show, and later on the 400GT were introduced until 1968.
Lamborghini logo is a gold color charging bull with black background that stands for the founder’s zodiacal sign, Ferruccio Lamborghini, who born in April 28 1916 as Taurus.
History and Models
- Lamborghini Diablo (1990 – 2001) – Only 2884 were produced. It was replaced by Murciélago.
- Lamborghini Murciélago (2001 – 2010) – It also known as Transporter 2 Lamborghini.
- Lamborghini Gallardo – Available from 2003 until today.
- Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera (2007 – 2008)
- Lamborghini Reventon (2008 – 2009) – Only 20 was ever produced. It is the most powerful and most expensive Lamborghini cars. The selling price is nearly a million Euros. Most of the parts are sourced directly from Lamborghini Murciélago LP640.
- Lamborghini Countach (1974 – 1990) – A lovely sports car that replace the Lamborghini Miura in the 1970s. Only 2042 were produced. See also Lamborghini Countach.
Lamborghini had built many car models since 1963. Besides the listed car models above, there are some other significant Lamborghini models such as Lamborghini Jalpa, Lamborghini Islero, Lamborghini Espada, Lamborghini Jarama, Lamborghini Jota, and Lamborghini Urraco. Lamborghini concept cars include the Lamborghini Concept S and Lamborghini Estoque.
Today, Lamborghini is fully owned by Audi AG. It is said that anyone can own a Ferrari but Lamborghini only cater for a small and very specialized car lovers. If you are staying in North Carolina, you can check out Lamborghini Carolinas where they buy and sell new and used Lamborghini cars, who knows you might get some good cars for sale.
You may also like this:
If you love this article, please PLUS it!