So, why Jeep is so famous and sought-after by four-wheel-drive lover? Apart from being the second oldest four-wheel-drive car manufacturer, Jeep was also the primary 4×4 vehicle for the US Army and military during World War II.
Jeep was founded in 1941 and it is currently owned by Chrysler. Jeep is available for sale worldwide and you can see Jeep cars almost every corner in this world. One of the main reason why is because of its off-road abilities.
From Pre-war through World War II, many military Jeep models were built such from the prototype Bantam BRC 40 to Model MB. Post war, the method to build a car that has special abilities to go off-road was applied to all Jeep cars. Some of the notable models are the VJ2 Jeepster, Jeep Forward Control, as well as CJ models.
Significant Jeep Models
- Jeep Wrangler – With more than two decades in automobile world, the Jeep Wrangler is now one of the few remaining four-wheel-drive car that has solid front and rear axles. With more than million Jeep Wrangler was sold, Jeep Wrangler parts are available at cheap price almost everywhere. Generation: YJ (1987-1995), TJ (1997-2006), LJ’s (2004-2006 Unlimited models), JK (2007-present). The latest model is Jeep Wrangler JK
- Jeep Liberty – First introduced in 2001 as 2002 model year, Jeep Liberty is a luxury compact SUV. More than 40,000 Jeep Liberty was sold in US in 2010. The latest model is Jeep Liberty KK (2008 – present)
- Jeep Grand Cherokee (1993 – present) – Only quality cars will survive more than a decade, same go for the Jeep Grand Cherokee. Generation: ZJ (1993–1998), WJ (1999–2004), WK (2005–2010), WK2 (2010-present).
- Jeep Patriot MK (2007 – present)
- Jeep Commander XK (2006 – 2009)
- Jeep Compass MK (2007 – present)
As a car brand that born for World War, it has many other significant models rather than some of the listed above such as the Jeep LJ, Jeep Wagoneer, Jeep Comanche MK, Keep Honcho, and among others.
Off-road abilities, towing capacities, and fuel efficiency is what make Jeep a Jeep. To buy Jeep cars, you can simply walk into any Jeep dealers or Chrysler dealers. Dealers are easy to locate from San Francisco to Texas. Otherwise, check out Jeep.com for all the latest Jeep cars as well as used Jeeps for sale.
You may also like this:
If you love this article, please PLUS it!