Dodge is a well-known American automobile manufacturer. The story started when two brothers, Horace Elgin and John Francis Dodge established Dodge Brothers Motor Vehicle Company in 1914.
In 1914, the brothers created the new four-cylinder Dodge Model 30 as their first few notable Dodge cars in early time. The Dodge Model 30 was marketed as a slightly more upscale competitor to the Ford Model T at that time.
Dodge gained a pretty quick reputation after first few cars were debuted. By 1917, the company expanded and had grown to include Dodge trucks, roadster, and four-door sedan. During World War I, several Dodge cars and trucks were used as ambulances.
Dodge Cars History and Significant Models
- Dodge Viper (1992 – 2010) – It’s hard to find a sports car that has a cool look like the Dodge Viper and a V10 engine as the heart.
- Dodge Charger – Dodge Charger is one of the super-famous muscle cars since 1966 until today. There are three iterations: 1966 – 1978, 1983 – 1987 (subcompact car), 2006 – present (sports cars).
- Dodge Challenger – Dodge Challenger is a car that you must at least drive once in your life time. There are three iterations for Dodge Challenger: 1970 – 1974 (the famous muscle cars era), 1978 – 1983, and 2008 – present day.
- Dodge Ram (1981 – present) – It’s one of the most successful Dodge trucks in the market today.
- Dodge Caliber (2007 – present)
- Dodge Grand Caravan (1984 – present) – See Dodge Grand Caravan for more details.
- Dodge Nitro (2007 – present) – Dodge Nitro is a compact SUV.
- Dodge Journey (2009 – present)
- Dodge Dakota (1987 – present) –A reliable pickup truck.
Dodge models are too many to be listed here. Besides the few significant Dodge cars listed above, there are many people looking for used Dodge diesel pickups and old Dodge trucks for sale in the market. In addition, there are some other tremendous Dodge models such as 1969 Dodge Charger, 1970 Dodge muscle cars, Dodge Magnum, Dodge Durango, Dodge Power Wagon, Dodge Cummins, Dodge Avenger, Dodge Hemi, Dodge Sprinter, Dodge Intrepid, and among others.
Today, Dodge’s lineup includes minivans, trucks, SUVs, wagons, and cars and it is famous in US, Asia, Australia, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, as well as Europe. You can log on to Dodge.com to check out the latest information for Dodge cars. Dodge, Grabs Life by the horns.
You may also like this:
If you love this article, please PLUS it!